HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Basic First Aid
Describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life threatening emergencies using basic life support measures only. This unit stands alone and incorporates the content of unit HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
The length of this programme is 6 to 8 hours depending on specific site requirements.
- It is important that you attend each session of this course so that you are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
- Your certificate will be valid for 3 years and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a CPR refresher every 12 months.
Competencies To Be Achieved During The Training
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess an emergency situation
- Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty (including CPR)
- Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities of a first aider
You will be assessed at the end of the course to demonstrate if you have achieved an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Theory Assessment paper
- Resuscitation & Bleeding Control Practical Demonstrations
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
Students must demonstrate competency in all sections to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. All technical specifications and requirements for this course Course contact Rob Bryant 0433603068
Paraguard Training and Safety delivers first aid courses within a training partnership with Safelift Consultancy
Evening and weekend courses now available
The Training Hub U4/21
Paxton Way Port Kennedy