RIIWHS204D Work Safely At Heights
Work at Heights
Work Safely at Heights course is designed for people who could be required to undertake routine procedures involving working at height. The course is designed to expose students who work at height to a broad range of height risk situations and to correctly implement a safe working procedure.
Students must be physically capable of climbing a ladder and safely maintaining three points of contact.
This unit covers working safely at heights in a variety of industries. It includes:
- identifying the work requirements,
- work procedures and instructions for the task;
- accessing and installing equipment;
- performing work at heights;
- cleaning up the work area.
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit, particularly its application in a variety of circumstances in which the unit may be used.
This includes knowledge of the following, as required to work safely at heights:
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Equipment manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- Statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- Heights safety systems
- The processes for providing safe working at height practices
- Safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
Pre course assignment to be completed prior to attending course for experienced or inexperienced people.
- Minimum age to attend this course is 16 years old
- If you are entitled to the Construction Training Fund (CTF) Subsidy please click on the CTF logo to the left for further information
Fee: For corporate/Business interest please call +61 417 099 003
Fee: For individuals;
1 day course $250.00 per person (GST free)
(evidence of prior experience needs to be provided please contact us to discuss evidence requirements)
2 day course $350.00 (GST free)
(for non experienced people)
$35.00 for learner guide (inclusive GST)
Evening and weekend courses now available
The Training Hub
U4/21 Paxton Way Port Kennedy