Emergency Descent Device (EDD)
EDD Course Objectives
To provide trainees with the knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competencies in the use of an Emergency Descent Device.
To assess practical competencies in Emergency Descent.
This course is for operators of specialised load shifting equipment such as EWP’S, Turret LO forklifts, Hubtex sideloader forklifts. The EDD is used to escape at height if the equipment breaks down whilst placing loads at height or gets caught up in either building or high storage structure. EWP’S can get caught up in trees or powerlines and open structures.
- Client will need to supply truck mounted EWP
Safelift Consultancy can conduct onsite training and assessments for your staff. We believe that it is a more beneficial way to train people because knowledge of your site and equipment helps maintain a more relaxed training environment.
Fee: $300.00 per person
- Travel to Site – Within 60km Radius – $15.00 Fuel Levy
- Travel to Site – Outside 60km Radius – $2.00 per km
Program Content Includes
- pre inspection and post inspection of EDD/CDD
- pre inspection of harness and lanyard
- Site and job planning & hazards.
- safe method of use of EDD/CDD
- escape from basket
- assessment of practical usage of CDD/EDD
Half to one day depending on numbers attending.